What We Do
Learn more about what we do how we get it done
WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU PEOPLE DO?
That is a great question, with many answers.
First, we take teams to Rio Bueno, Jamaica for a one week stay. During that time we perform many services in the local community as well as other places.
- We run a Vacation Bible School for the local children in Rio Bueno.
- We will have some evening events: Marriage workshops. Bible studies, game night, movie night, etc..
- We are helping to establish a community center, with the goal of having a safe place for kids to hang out, get help with homework, skills training, etc.
- We have partnered with the local Infirmary (an Infirmary is a government run home for elderly, disabled and mentally ill persons, who have nothing and no one), spending time with and showing God’s love to the residents and the staff as well. We work on projects within the Infirmary to improve their quality of life and help improve things for both staff and residents
- While the VBS and studies are going on, the handy men (and women) are working construction for the Community Center and the projects at the Infirmary.
- We also provide materials and supplies needed both in the community and the Infirmary: Clothing, Bibles, Christian books on various topics; as well as diapers and various supplies for the residents of Infirmary, who tend to be the poorest of the poor and have great need. The clothing not given to the Infirmary is distributed by the church to the needy in the community.
- Basically we do whatever is needed to love and serve these people, who have no other available resources.
- We will take part in their services on Sunday. Our singers will sing, and generally one of us will preach. If you have never been to a church service in Jamaica, it is quite an experience. We celebrate God and all He has done for us, with our family across the sea. You won't meet a people more warm and gracious, than Jamaicans.
When you step out, and take God at His Word, amazing things happen. These trips will change you forever. They change how you look at yourself, your world, and your God.
Ready to do something unlike anything you've ever done? Download the application on the SHORT TERM MISSION TRIP tab. See you there!
We Bring Teams
We take teams to Rio Bueno, Jamaica for a one week stay. During that time we perform many services in the local community as well as other places. We spend time at infirmaries, and do whatever is needed at the time such as building repairs and maintenance.
We Bring Resources
We also bring them things they need. Clothes, Bibles, Christian books on various topics; as they have virtually no resources. Clothing is distributed to the needy in the area, and we are helping to establish a community center for ongoing care.
We Bring Christ
Once physical needs are met, we begin to meet the spiritual ones. We teach classes, hold Bible studies & marriage workshops, run Vacation Bible Schools, spend time loving the elderly and disabled, and pour love out to all community members.
"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world."